Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Very Realistic Kroger Trip 5/25/11

Made a quick run to Kroger today because we were out of "basics" and I had a few deals to pick up.  Of course our first dose of reality occured when we stepped out of the car into a puddle that was at least 3 inches deep!  (yes - got to love MI weather!!)

Second dose of reality set in when a grumpy 30 something was walking through an aisle and saw me giving my 13 year old a lesson on how to figure out a final price using Q's.  She just had to mumble something about those "d*** couponers**.  Guess she was jealous!

I ended up with a full basket which included:

10 Kool Aid canisters
2 Bags Ore Ida frozen potatoes
4 Lean Cuisine
2 Digornio Pizza & Cookies
1 box of Fudgcicles
2 Sara Lee Frozen cheesecakes (YUMMY!)
1 Large bottle of Heinz Ketchup
1 Martha Stewart coffee cake mix
4 Knorr Pasta packages
4 Knorr Rice packages
1 Helluva dip
3 Extra Large bags of Sunflower seeds (baseball!)
6 Pepsi 2 Liters

Total before Q's and Savings Card (original price) was $134.77
Total OOP:  $56.39
Total Savings:  59%

3rd dose of reality..........the woman who had grumbled at me in one of the aisles was standing in line behind me.  The cashier was going on and on about my total savings, and how I do it, what my binder looks like, an interview she saw on television this morning, etc., and the whole time the "grumbler" had to stand there and listen to her, then watch my total drop.  This dose of reality was given to her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment