Friday, May 20, 2011

Inventory Control

Anyone have trouble with "inventory control" with kids in the house?

My stockpile (which is in multiple locations) is easy access.  HBA items are in the bathroom under the sink, food items are in a closet, cleaning products in a different closet....etc. 

The issue - the kids see something added to the stockpile and get "excited" and want to use something new/different.  I've repeatedly removed shampoo and bath wash from the shower because there are already2 or 3 bottles of each in there.  The cereal cabinet is has 7 (I'm not kidding - 7!) open boxes right now, and they're not all different!

Tonight I moved the HBA stuff to my bedroom closet (it's a huge walk-in), but it will have to be moved yet again in a month or two when I start getting the house ready for my huband to come home.  (I'm thinking he's going to want his shelves and drawers!)  I bought the Vive Shampoo's on sale tonight at a really, really good price - and before the kids went to bed there was already a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of the conditioner in the shower.  (which I removed until they finish the other stuff we have in the shower already - uuggghhhh)

How do you control your inventory?  I'm thinking I might have to get as possessive with my stockpile as I am with my binder.......NOBODY touches the binder LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment